I had no idea what quinoa was until my sister made this delicious dish! Quinoa is the most protein rich grain out there, so this is definitely a great source of all good things for your body. My little nephew as well loves this dish. When he was little, he would grab a handful of this stuff and gobble it right up!
I am starting Boot Camp at Core Power Yoga tomorrow and I though this dish will give me the energy to get up at 5am, do a circuit work-out from 6-7am and then put in a full day at work and come home to my second work-out of the day. Two straight weeks, 6 days a week. I will report back to how I am surviving! When the going gets exhausting I will always think of how thankful I am that I can actually do a rigours work-out such as Boot Camp and the beautiful glam wedding dress I will be wearing when I go from a Miss to a Mrs in October.
So, enjoy this recipe and let it give you fuel for something great!
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Small Carton of Mushrooms – roughly chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic – minced
- 1 Acorn Squash -1×1 cubed
- Dash of Salt – to taste
- Dash of Pepper – to taste
- Dash of Montreal Steak Seasoning – to taste
- 1 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Stock
- 1 Cu Quinoa
- 1 Small Bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley – roughly chopped
- 6 OZ Reduced Fat Monterey Jack or Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
1. In large skillet that can also go in the oven, Saute: Onion in Olive Oil
2. Add: Mushrooms, Squash, and Garlic. Let cook 3-4 minutes
3. Add: Turkey and seasoning. Cook while breaking into small pieces until brown
4. Add: Stock and Quinoa. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes
5. Mix In: Parsley and 3OZ of cheese
6. Sprinkle: Remaining Cheese on top
7. Bake 30 minutes, until cheese in lightly golden